COMMON QUESTIONS / FAQs
What is the largest caliber that you allow at the range?
- We allow up to .50 caliber handguns and rifles no larger than 308 (762×51) without range officer approval.
How many lanes do you have?
- We have 20 shooting lanes that incorporate the latest advancements, equipment and technology in the firearms industry. Our range facility features 3 shooting bays with 4 of the lanes dedicated for machine gun shoots so that we can give all of our customers the best experience possible.
What is the distance of the lanes?
- Our regular lanes are 25 yards (75 feet) long.
Do you take reservations?
- Yes, we do reservations for lane time. These are to made 1-2 weeks prior for non-members and 1-3 days for members for your wanted date and time to shoot.
HAMMER DOWN RANGE RULES
These rules are for your safety and the safety of those around you. Please ask if you have any questions.
ENTERING THE RANGE
- Holders of a valid CCW permit may carry a concealed weapon into Hammer Down Range but it must remain HOLSTERED.
- All firearms not concealed and holstered on your person must remain HOLSTERED.
- All firearms not concealed must brought into the range/retail area with a CHAMBER FLAG or in an appropriate case.
- All magazines shall be unloaded if not in case.
- Hammer Down Range reserves the right to inspect all guns and ammunition for cleanliness, workability and safety before entering the range.
- Targets are available for sale. Patrons may bring with them and use commercially available targets purchased elsewhere. No home-made targets, impromptu targets, e.g., paper plates, may be used.
FIRING CUBICAL RULES
- No magazines even if UNLOADED shall be inserted into any firearm until the shooter has entered the cubical.
- No Ammunition to be inserted into a firearm outside the GATED AREA.
- NO RELAODING WHATESOEVER OUTSIDE THE GATED AREA. ____ Initial
- Obey the instructions of Hammer Down Range staff at all times.
- All persons utilizing the range are required to receive, understand and sign the rules, regulations and waiver release of liability notice.
- Appropriate dress is required at all times. (No Open Toed Shoes)
- Any person found to be shooting while impaired by alcohol or drugs, even prescribed or over-the-counter drugs will be ejected from Hammer Down Range and their membership revoked.
- No person under (7) is permitted in the shooting range. Any person from the age of (7) and under the age of (18) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. This adult shall act as a coach, and MUST remain with the shooter(s) at all times in the range.
- No food, drink, or tobacco, vapor products (including any other electronic products) is allowed on the range. ____ Initial
- Eye protection (clear, yellow, pink, blue lens) must be worn before entering the range.
- Hearing protection must be worn before entering the range.
- Only one gun per lane may be loaded at any time, regardless if the weapon has an external safety, but you are permitted to have more than one your firearms uncased in the cubical.
- NO ONE is permitted forward of the RED LINE (Firing Line).
- NO FIREARMS ARE TO BE LOADED OUTSIDE THE CUBICAL. ____ Initial
- The muzzle of the weapon must be pointed down range at all times.
- No rapid firing or firing from the hip or holster, you may use a bag or stand for rifles.
- No holster draws and fire practice is permitted.
- High caliber rifle targets must be set at full distance.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
- Shoot only at the target in the lane assigned to you. Do not change lanes without permission. All shots must be fired so as to strike the backstop.
- Firing at lights, baffles, walls, carriers, the range floor, objects on the range floor, or at any other range property is prohibited. Violators of this rule will be held responsible for repair and/or replacement of equipment in the sole discretion of Hammer Down Range.
- If you leave your cubical temporarily, all firearms must be pointed down range with the action open.
- If you are shooting a firearm rented from Hammer Down Range, you must use Hammer Down Range permitted ammunition. Return rented firearms to Hammer Down Range staff with the slide back and locked and the chamber empty and in a bin if one was given. Patrons are responsible for replacement cost of any rented firearm which is lost, stolen or damaged through misuse beyond normal wear and tear.
- For the safety of unborn babies, no pregnant women are allowed in the shooting range.
- If you experience a malfunction, do not attempt to clear the weapon yourself. Set the firearm down with the muzzle pointed down range and call for the assistance of Hammer Down Range staff. DO NOT REMOVE A JAMMED OR MALFUNCTIONING FIREARM FROM THE CUBICAL. ____ Initial here.
- If you hear the words “CEASE FIRE,” you must IMMEDIATELY STOP SHOOTING, PLACE YOUR FIREARM DOWN, MUZZLE POINTED DOWN RANGE, AND STEP BACK FROM THE CUBICAL.
- When you have completed your shooting session, unload all firearms and secure them in an appropriate carrying case. Push your brass forward of the red line. Remove your target and either take it with you or place it in the trash can.
- Automatic weapons in rifle caliber are prohibited without approval. In order to use these on your own, you must demonstrate competency and proficiency of your firearm and have an approval entry on file from the range staff.
- Black powder muzzle loading firearms.
- All air guns and BB guns.
FIREARMS REQUIRING PERMISSION OF HAMMER DOWN RANGE
- Full automatic firearms
- Shotguns are allowed at the discretion of the Range Officer.
- Any shotgun ammunition other than slugs and 00 Buck.
- Armor piercing ammunition.
- Steel shot ammunition.
- Steel core ammunition.
- Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, gas or explosive ammunition.
- Rifle ammunition with a muzzle velocity greater than 3,000 feet per second.