August 2019 CCW Class deals
5 days to schedule from
Save $25, Class is only $50
CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT CLASSES
If you’re interested in upping your level of preparedness by learning how to legally carry a handgun for self-defense, consider our CCW classes. Certified instructors will discuss the legal requirements to carry a weapon, appropriate levels of force, and the legal ramifications of having to draw or use your weapon in real-life scenarios. If you have never shot a handgun before, please consider taking our First Time Shooter course to enhance your handgun knowledge.
The course is eight (8) hours and exceeds requirements needed for a concealed carry permit in Ohio, as well as many other states. It will build confidence in safe firearm handling and develop personal responsibility for your safety and well-being. This class will qualify you to apply for Concealed Carry permits in over 34 states (FL and NH non-resident). You have the option of taking the whole course in one 8 hour class or dividing it among two 4 hour classes.
You will have the ability to name, explain and demonstrate the rules for safe handling and storage of a firearm and ammunition.
You will have the ability to demonstrate grip, stance, and target acquisition.
You will demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitude necessary to protect yourself and your family.
We will give strong opinions based on our law enforcement and former training experiences.
We will cover firearm types, caliber choices, ammunition choices, and carry methods.
We also show methods of moving off-line, use of cover and concealment.
You will become aware and alert, learning how to avoid threatening situations, and learn less-lethal escalation steps in stopping a threat.
To register for a class listed on our calendar you must complete an application.
Prices for the CCW classes are as follow:
GROUPS: 10 + 65$/per person ( must reserve date in advance )
NEW Individual COMBO Deal: CCW Class and a standard membership for 1 month $99.00
NEW private CCW classes are available to help with our patrons ever changing schedules.
cost is: $175
- Class can start as late as 1:00PM for a 1 day class (private class only)
- Class can start as late as 5:00PM for a 2 day class (private class only)
The class is 8 hours but you do get 1 hour for lunch, so there is one hour added on for lunch.
- Class STARTS at 10:00
- Class BREAKS will consist of 2 breaks in the morning, 1 hour for LUNCH and 3 other breaks in the afternoon.
- Class ENDS at 19:00
Things to Bring with you:
- Pistol of your choice ( Semi-Auto or Revolver )
- Two Magazine is preferred
- Minimum of 50-75 Rounds ( Ball or Target Ammo )
- Holster ( Out or Inside carry )
- Ear Protection
- Eye protection
- Note Pad (if you would like to take note but not required)
CCW CLASS RESERVATION
Simply call us to book your class.
Check our the schedule
OHIO CARRY CONCEAL WEAPONS CHECKLIST
Applying for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License can be confusing. However, if you follow this Ohio CCW Application Checklist, you can make the process faster and easier.
1. Make sure you meet the basic requirements before applying for your Ohio Concealed Handgun License:
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be an Ohio resident for at least 45 days.
- You must be a resident of your home county for at least 30 days.
2. Find a qualified CCW instructor and complete the required 8-hour training to obtain your Certificate of Competency.
- Your Certificate of Competency must be no more than 3 years old to qualify for a concealed handgun license. Note: Your concealed handgun license will be proof of training for your first license renewal.
- You may also present documentation that proves you are an active or reserve member of the U.S. Military, you have been honorably discharged from the U.S. Military within the past 6 years, or you are a retired law enforcement officer and have experience that is equivalent to the training requirements.
3. Read the Attorney General’s pamphlet on Ohio’s concealed carry laws. You may get a printed copy during your training course.
4. Locate the sheriff’s office in your county (or an adjacent county) and pick up an application for an Ohio Concealed Handgun License. OR go to the sheriff’s or Attorney General’s website and download the application.
NOTE: Do NOT bring a firearm with you when picking up your application.
5. Have a passport-sized (2″ x 2″) color photo taken within 30 days of your application date. You may get a passport-sized photo at many photo shops, drug stores, groceries, and similar businesses that handle photo development. Most sheriff departments will also accept a good quality color photo taken with a digital camera and printed on a color printer.
6. Call the sheriff’s office to make an appointment to apply for your license. Most sheriffs will NOT allow walk-ins to apply.
7. Take your documents to the sheriff’s office and apply for your license. As part of your application, you must:
- Present your completed application, Certificate of Competency (or documentation of equivalent experience), and passport-sized color photo.
- Present a valid photo I.D., such as your driver’s license.
- Pass a criminal background check and mental competency check.
- Submit to having your fingerprints electronically scanned or inked and rolled onto a card.
- Attest that you have read the Attorney General’s pamphlet on Ohio’s concealed carry laws.
- Pay a non-refundable fee by cash, money order, or certified check made payable to your sheriff’s office. The fee is $67.00 if you have been an Ohio resident for more than five years, $91.00 if less than five years.
- Do NOT bring a firearm with you when applying for or picking up your license.
- If you have ever been prohibited from having a weapon under ORC Section 2923.125, you must provide court documentation granting relief for disability.